Tape case deterioration is a problem with this project. The tape itself seems fine, it is the plastic housing and mechanical, or moving parts that are starting to stop working. The tape will load into the deck, but the door won’t open. When this happens I take a sharp pencil and scrape a little graphite into the “v” where the door slides along the track on the tape housing. This seems to do the trick, not a lot, just enough to make a mark
Today’s post is about a small collection of videos created in 2000, 2001. It is a series about local businessmen and their entrepreneurial activities. There are 15, one hour programs that are in the interview format. Processing these shows involves
1. Encoding them from the original DV tape into Final Cut Pro using the NTSC DV compression setting.
2. Exporting the Timeline (with a minimum of editing, ie, removal of outdated PSAs that had nothing to do with the program) to Compressor to the Higher quality settings to be burned onto a DVD.
3. Further compression of the file to the Leightroinx format standard for playback on the channel.
4. Publishing of the Leghtronix formated file to the network attached storage for playback archive.
5. creation of a 2-3 minute teaser clip for use on the library’s YouTube page.
6. Publishing of the Leightronix file to PegCentral, the department’s webstreaming service